Monday, February 18, 2008

Zooming after setting the aperture at 2.8

After hearing from a user ask what happens when you zoom the HV20 after setting the aperture at 2.8 and locking the exposure, I decided to test it.
Using my HV20, I ran a series of tests where the HV20 was
1) Zoomed in half-way
2) Zoomed in all the way

In both cases, I set the aperture and locked the exposure first at 2.8 (using the Lytecap). Once this was done, I zoomed in halfway and clicked through the exposure dial from 0 to +6. Once part 1 was complete, I zoomed in all the way and repeated.

To check, I took out my HC1 Sony HD camera and played the tape back. The HC1 shows me my aperture and my gain natively in the LCD, which is a nice feature.

I am glad to say that in both cases of 1) and 2), on the HV20, no matter where the zoom was, the gain was 0dB.

No comments: