Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Other apertures for the HV20 using the Lytecap

I am discovering new things about the HV20 everyday. Mainly, setting the aperture to other settings...

As I have stated before, 2.8 is a nice setting for the aperture - I use it all the time - but after some testing, I found that 5.6-4.4 apertures also holds some charms because you can use the entire range of exposure from -11 to +11 without adding any gain. After comparing stills - side by side - I find that 2.8 for some reason looks sharper and a tiny bit brighter in comparison to the 4.8. Also comparing the Histogram shows some subtle differences as well.
Either way with a Lytecap, it is your choice and you are getting going to get some great images.

Here is the aperture setting of 4.8 with the EV cranked to +11 (0dB gain)














Here is the aperture setting of 2.8 with the EV slider to +6 (0dB gain)

No comments: